Clandestine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why WoW players should switch to WAR

2 posters

Go down

Why WoW players should switch to WAR Empty Why WoW players should switch to WAR

Post  Warpik Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:51 am

Warpik
Warpik
Officers

Back to top Go down

Why WoW players should switch to WAR Empty Re: Why WoW players should switch to WAR

Post  Warpik Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:26 pm

Warpik
Warpik
Officers

Back to top Go down

Why WoW players should switch to WAR Empty Re: Why WoW players should switch to WAR

Post  Devilpig Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:21 pm

I personally have played WoW and found it repetitave and sometimes too time consuming to accomplish anything than just beating the crap out of someone. Granted, it has been a few months since I've played, so maybe it changed. As for Warhammer... I'm a big Warhammer 40K fan, but have never tried Warhammer(yes I know it isn't set in the 40K universe, duh). It was going to be my next step into the MMO world until the Warhammer 40K MMO releases. I think it depends on how much back story knowledge you have that effects how fun or unfun you see a certain game. I know my Warhammer history like a madman, and in so I find the whole WAR experience more to my liking, but that isn't to say that if I knew more about WoW's history, that I may like it more than I do now. For me, WoW is too cartoony, and WAR doesn't try to go that route. It is for in your face battle hungry mobs that want nothing more than world domination(talking to you Orkers out there lol) with fairly realistic based graphics. I mean, if you take an Ork, and an Orc, and put them next to eachother, the Ork is going to be the one that I fear. He looks like he wants to crap down my throat. The Orc looks like he wants to chase anime fans around all day. Keep in mind that I tried WoW first, and never gave Warhammer a second thought until I got tired of WoW's farming habits, and hog/rabbit hunting for hours. EVERY game is going to have it's repetitave streak, from the UT series, to CoD, to Worms, to Tetris even. But somethings are enough to drive a person mad. If you enjoy your farming and pointless little creature hunts, then fine. My hat goes off to you. I'd rather level up at the exeanse of someones life. But some of us need an actual Conquest, a feelng of purpose in the MMO universe. Even if it is to take a horde of Orks from city to city, race to race, and say "Hey! I'm a bad mutha, and I'll be burning your city now!!" I never got that from WoW. So that's my 2 cents. Anyone with an open mind won't see this as bashing on WoW and taking War's side(I know it seems that way, but I started out biased against Warhammer), but as the experience of one gamer giving his thoughts to help the community. This post is about which is better, not a pissing contest between games. Both have there share of great content I'm sure(I haven't tried War yet lol), but fan boys shouldn't be so quick to defend the game they have put 100+ hours in, lost thier wives over, never been laid because of...etc.etc. Bull crap. If you can't take criticizm over a game, then you shouldn't be playing it
Devilpig
Devilpig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum