Clandestine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application - Engy - (long) [Recruited]

2 posters

Go down

Application - Engy - (long) [Recruited] Empty Application - Engy - (long) [Recruited]

Post  Kitfox Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:39 am

In-game name: Kitfox Reticentia
Toon rank and renown: 30/28 (i try not to level too fast past my renown rank. like to keep them no more than 2 ranks apart)

State your goal/focus in WAR:
My goal is to have fun and enjoy the character I have while min maxing to be the biggest pain in the but to the oposition. One of the reason why I have not rerolled destro even though we (order) fail to come together on most scenarios i have been on is the fact that I love the sound of the gunfire and the whole engineer class.
I may not have the burst armour bypassing spells or aoe punting ability but every dot I lay on targets contributes to the whole. Every HP i deduct from the masses is a HP they have to heal over.
There is no 2 shot wonder that is going to win a scenario or a keep battle. Only solid
teamwork is gonna bring those victories home.
To paraphrase my favourite movie/character Toni D'Amato "You find out life's this game of
inches, so is WAR. Because in either game - life or WAR - the margin for error is so small. I
mean, one half a cast too late or too early and you don't quite kill it. One half second too
slow, too fast and you don't quite land it. The damage we need is everywhere around us.
They're in every DoT of the fight every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that
damage. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that damage. We claw with our fingernails for that damage. Because we know when we add up all those damages that's gonna make the f***ing difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!"
Aside from spending 50-60 hours a week gaming I bring my min-maxing abilities to help the
guildies if need be. Spreadsheets upon spreadsheets full of linear programing optimal
solutions and other statistical calculations is just some of the simple stuff I do while not
gaming and planning my character progess.
At 'endgame' I would like to house myself in the guild's owned keep and launch my daily operations from there. Would be good to have a solid core regiment of defending force to train together on cohesion and come up with pre-trained plays (ala gridiron style) for guild's keep defences as if all else is equal the team that trained more will be the one that wins the day.

Reference on past gaming:
Shadowrun, AD&D (both as GM/DM and player)
WoW (Kitfox 70 Deth'ramar dwarf warrior (started on Cenarion Circle), Kurva 70 UD Mage
Deth'Ramar several other alts for storage purposes.), Eve Online, Orkfia, CS,DoD,TF2,All C&C
and RA series/games. Anything from Westwood & Blizzard going back till 1995.
Any decent game that has come out since 1995 for PC there is 95% chance I have played it and min-maxed the hell out of it.

Why Clandestine
Several reasons:
1:I'm very very sneaky sir. (in good way)
2:Clandestine operations are my kind of operations.
From 150feet snipe shot through branches finishing off a wounded enemy to stepping up to the plate in scenarios that are tank starved and switch to tanking mode. With 58% mitigation its nothing impressive but if properly supported it does put the breaks on the destro's momentum train.
3:I need a guild that does not use the guild only as a extra chat feature but more as an
extension to the game to band together will mindlike people and actually do things together.
4:You guys seem to come out as trying to bring 110% when only 50% will do and that is what I am all about. I believe that there is no such thing as a fair fight. There is also no such
concept of unfair fight. Fight is just a fight. The circumstances of the fight are irrelevant.
That is why I try not to regret any deaths because I know I have done everything in my power, pushing the limits of my abilities to win that battle. A loss is not a failure just a reminder that I still have work to do to attain perfection.
5:You look like you are short on engineers and I'm sure you can use a min-maxer engineer to
bolster your ranks.
5a:At the very least you may be in need for a short and fluffy guild pet. Smile

Kitfox

Back to top Go down

Application - Engy - (long) [Recruited] Empty Re: Application - Engy - (long) [Recruited]

Post  Warpik Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:37 am

Very Happy Interesting application you got there. Enjoyed reading it but there are some points which I would have to comment just for the heck of it. Razz

One of the reason why I have not rerolled destro even though we (order) fail to come together on most scenarios i have been on is the fact that I love the sound of the gunfire and the whole engineer class

When you are with us, there is no such thing as being rolled by Destruction. Cool

There is no 2 shot wonder that is going to win a scenario or a keep battle. Only solid
teamwork is gonna bring those victories home.

I hope you stay true to your statement for I would admire comrades with this kind of mind set. Its what that has been making Order on Ironclaw stand out and give Destruction a good fight. Clandestine consist nothing but the best players I've seen so far and they all have played or even consider contribute a major part in RvR.

Aside from spending 50-60 hours a week gaming I bring my min-maxing abilities to help the
guildies if need be

What are your play hours? Clandestine's major operation of battles happen during 4pm to 4am +8 GMT (SG/MY) timezone.

1:I'm very very sneaky sir. (in good way)

Define your type of sneaky?

On your 3rd and 4th point, it seems you have been in scens or RvR with Clandestine members? Any of the members you might have been in contact with? Our major players are all in T4 now and we roll scens for hours during the night. I do have members in the T3 zones right now but majority of them are new or semi-active.

Which brings me to another question, how long have you been playing WAR? What is your current guild?

Hope to hear from you soon and yes, the guild is short on Engineers but still managable at the moment.

Cheers.
Warpik
Warpik
Officers

Back to top Go down

Application - Engy - (long) [Recruited] Empty application reply

Post  Kitfox Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:21 pm

Having trouble finding the "QUOTE REPLY" button on this forums so im just blank replying to your questions about my application.

Game Hours: Sydney time +10 GMT 1800-0200 (next day) mon - thursday, 1800-0600 friday/saturday
saturdays/sundays are mainly game time but due to shopping and stuff cannot say fixed time intervals but the evenings are almost all 1800-0200 with 0400 or 0600 on sunday morning.

Sneaky as in what the enemy healers label me by (i cant hear them or understand them but i see alot of "XYZ says something you do not understand". Its all because i find the most optimal shooting position to both deliver good attacks but that also provide good road of egress if things get heated. I dont play the oposition willy nilly. I observe and find the healer who is waving his stick the most (meanign he is working hard) and zero on him hopefuly forcing 1 of 3 outcomes
A: he moves out of my range (has to cast instas and non heavy healing spells that require standing)
B: he heals himself and hopefully results in a tank loss on their side.
C: his mates focus on me and give chase. (in which case i run far away from our main lines making them chase me without being able to quickly land support to their failing ranks.
I love flanking and even attacking from behind because I found alot of players dont use the camera to look arround when focused on their target in front. I try to defeat them mentally before their character dies.

I have played WAR ever since the Live launch so whats that a month and a bit? close to two months?

As to the members I have played before, honestly I can not recall. I just happened to noticed alotof you guys on t3 scens i did before i hit the t4 zone and it kinda stuck in my mind but never pursued it at the time. I guess I was hoping the otehr guild will slowly generate momentum (I was in Ordermobile prior to leaving). But it actually stalled and found myself solo grinding stage 1 PQs ch15 and ch16 in between t4 scens, so i figured there must be some guild outthere that actually does things. So i had that flashback glimpse image come to me about clandestine and at first i thought i remembered it wrong (i watch alot of spy/army/sniper movies and that word gets thrown about alot so i thought it was a false memmory).
but yea search result was positive and Clandestine actualy exsisted as a guild.
From there i did a quick wardb search and found this forum and gave it a go Smile

Kitfox

Back to top Go down

Application - Engy - (long) [Recruited] Empty Re: Application - Engy - (long) [Recruited]

Post  Warpik Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:45 pm

Hmmm...I'm really quite impress on your game play and knowing your roles and objectives in RvR.

The reason I asked when you started playing and how long is your game time is cause I need to find out the duration you take to hit the rank you are at now, which to me, since the game has been live for a month plus, most would hit rank 40 if they start at the same time. Were you on vacation or something? Wink

Overall I'm pretty happy with your application.

Add myself or Aphraxad as friends and drop us an in game tell and we will fix you up with the guild.

Hope your stay in Clandestine will be a good one and your engineering skills will prove to be an asset to us in the battle field.

Cheers mate.
Warpik
Warpik
Officers

Back to top Go down

Post  gamine Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:45 pm

Impressive text u have there mate... lol (for an application) Anyway nice to have u apply here. Hope to see u in game soon. Later mate

gamine

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitfox Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:47 pm

The reason I asked when you started playing and how long is your game time is cause I need to find out the duration you take to hit the rank you are at now, which to me, since the game has been live for a month plus, most would hit rank 40 if they start at the same time. Were you on vacation or something? Wink

no vacation but a self inflicted cap on quest leveling.
See I hit lvl 15 with only 2 renown ranks and wanted the marksman IV renown bonus to balistics. so I started doing nothing but rvr and managed to get the renown rank within 2 ranks of my level by the time i was 26th rank. I guess I can power through to 40 again and then catch up the RRanks Smile
but yea thats the story of the slow leveling Smile
have like 6 dwarf chapters full of quests i skipped to avoid leveling too fast Smile

Kitfox

Back to top Go down

Post  Warpik Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:04 pm

Do what the most of us are doing on main and even alts, scenarios all the way. lol. Which I believe you should enjoy it before you hit T4, cause T4 scens are boring at times and long queues. Crying or Very sad
Warpik
Warpik
Officers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down